Aerodium is the original inventor of vertical wind tunnels for entertainment and in the business for over 40 years
First Aerodium indoor skydiving wind tunnel.
Article published by National Geographic in February 1982
Many important milestones followed where Aerodium proved their innovative spirit to its industry and the world:
- first flying acrobat show at the Torino Olympics in Italy;
- first recirculation wind tunnel with a fully transparent glass flight chamber at “World EXPO”, China;
- first wind tunnel with an indoor base jump at “Sirius Sport Resort”, Finland,
- first flight amphitheater for entertainment purposes at “Flying Dream”, China;
- recirculation wind tunnel with the tallest glass chamber in the world (12m) at “Gravity Indoor Skydiving”, Bahrain;
- tunnel with the biggest flight area in the World at London, UK, to the date.
Continuing the tradition of being an industry pioneer a completely new wind tunnel concept was presented at the Recon exhibition in Las Vegas, May 20-22, 2019: a SHOPPING MALL READY model R2.
Due to the fundamental shift in consumer shopping behavior, savvy developers know that, in order to attract new customers, a shopping mall needs to create an experience-oriented environment to drive sales in stores. Recognizing the challenges that shopping malls face, Aerodium develop a wind tunnel that is easy and cost-effective to install, requires low operational costs, and provides an unforgettable & safe customer experience at its core design. Model R2 is the first plug & fly wind tunnel! With a footprint of just 8.2×10.95m/26.9×35.9ft, the R2 is the most compact recirculation tunnel in the market. The technology is fully self-contained, therefore it is possible to easily install into an existing building with minimal civil works.
Forbes says “Retail Owners Look to Fountains to Provide Intangible Gains”
Spend time indoors
Indoor entertainment centers are becoming increasingly preferred as entertainment and leisure options by families over outdoor entertainment centers so as to ensure that environmental factors and weather changes do not affect any fun time or experience.
The presence of entertainment centers at these malls allows customers to spend quality time with their family and friends, while playing games and other indoor sports. Hence, entertainment centers are becoming favourite hangout places for families with a combination of shopping, eating, and play area. Family entertainment centers are attracting families in large numbers, which is expected to positively impact revenue growth of the market.
With this indoor attractions parks are both within greater reach and bring extra profit to most developers and operators.
Main ADVANTAGES for indoor skydiving business with the most compact model R2:
- EASIEST integration into a new or existing building
- LOWEST running costs
- BEST customer experience in the market